The full job specification is at http://jobs.netflix.com/DetailFlix.asp?flix1642
Here's what we are looking for:
- Designing and developing the Netflix web application and middle-tier architecture focused on personalization software.
- Full software life-cycle ownership of key strategic business logic from inception through production.
- Conceiving, articulating and implementing projects in coordination with technical and non-technical coworkers for product enhancement and improvement.
- Experience with high-traffic, highly scaling, multi-threaded software design.
- 7+ years of web application development experience. (Java a plus)
- Experience with Oracle or equivalent database system.
- Flexibility to shift priorities based on changing needs of the business.
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering.
- Strong customer orientation, both internally and externally.
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
- Ability to execute successfully on business strategy.
- Self motivated / self starter.
- Personal drive to achieve world class software development.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- Love of technical challenges and the sense of pride it brings to solve them.
- Ability to work well in a cross functional environment.