Wednesday, May 04, 2005

extracct 1.0

I cleaned up the build directory and renamed the program extracct - extract useful info from exacct - and its been running fine on Solaris 10/x64 for a while. If anyone wants to try it out let me know and I'll email a tarfile, I haven't yet got around to testing it on SPARC. I built it on Opteron using gmake/gcc from /usr/sfw/bin.

I'm also wondering how best to make it more generally available, perhaps via orcaware.com or sunfreeware.com, or I could post it to BigAdmin or the OpenSolaris source code as an updated demo. Any opinions out there?

5 comments:

  1. What about sourceforge and then just add it to freshmeat? Works just fine for alot of the other stuff out there :) looking forward to the source!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment.
    Since its Solaris specific code, I think it makes more sense to put it in a place where Solaris is the focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian,

    I'd be happy to host the cost in my Subversion repository and use our mailing lists and other infrastructure.

    One disadvantage of Sourgeforge is that they are still stuck on using CVS as a source control system, which is not out of date compared with Subversion and the other open-source version control systems available.

    BTW, I didn't know you had a blog so I'm going to subscribe to the RRS feed.

    Regards,
    Blair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind playing around with an early relase of extraact. I'm annoyed by the lack of exacct tools that run on Solaris 8. It's a shame that Sun::Solaris::Exacct won't as it's a PITA to move my proc files over to a Solaris 9/10 box to do processing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has anyone been able to get this to compile under Solaris 8?

    ReplyDelete